Making a change to your Start.ca account? You’ll need a PIN.
Make sure to set yours up now. Here’s how (and why).
Data breaches are big news — it seems there’s a new one happening every week. Keeping your Start.ca account secure is extremely important to us, so we’re taking steps to help prevent potential security issues.
Beginning March 1, 2019, all Start.ca customer accounts will need to have a 4-digit PIN code set up. You’ll need to use this PIN whenever you want to change an address, add (or remove) something from your account, or adjust your account in some other way.
This PIN will be used (online and over the phone) along with other account information to help verify your identity. This is to help ensure that changes aren’t being made to your Start.ca account without your knowledge or consent.
So, how do I create a PIN code?
- Log in to your Start.ca customer portal
- In the menu, select ‘Settings’
- Next, select ‘PIN Code’
- Fill out the required fields under “Set/Change your security PIN Code” and save
Please keep reading for more information!
Important to note, if you:
- Are already logged in, this link will take you directly to the PIN code page.
- Don’t have a portal account yet, you can register one and then complete the steps above.
- Need any help creating your PIN, or anything else please call us at 1-877-78-START (24/7) or start a live chat on our website. One of our Service Desk agents will be happy to help.