What's it like to work at Start.ca?
“When I began working at Start.ca just over 6 years ago, it was a family atmosphere where putting the customer first was the most important thing. As we've grown, that feeling has remained.”
Location: London, ON
Do you consider yourself to be a “hunter” who wants the ability to contribute towards the delivery of a unique business solution? Do you strive to exceed expectations all while celebrating your successes with an amazing team along the way? If your answer is yes, keep reading :)
Start.ca is currently searching for a driven Corporate Solutions Representative who is passionate about building meaningful, long-term relationships. You will be responsible for communicating service offerings to increase new customers, upselling opportunities, and assisting in the development of our fibre sales strategy. As a Corporate Solutions Representative, you are confident approaching customers in a dynamic, quick-moving, and rapidly changing environment. Working closely with the Corporate Solutions team, you will build and grow a pipeline that will meet or exceed targets and understand a customer’s needs and pain points, all while creating lasting business relationships.
If you’re passionate about being part of a growing, creative, and innovative company, Start.ca could be the place for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Using innovative selling techniques, product knowledge, and a customer focused approach to grow business using the full Start.ca product suite.
- Making telephone calls, in-person visits, and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Researching sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
- Building meaningful relationships with key decision makers and introducing industry best practices.
- Demonstrating products and services to existing and potential customers and assisting them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Establishing, developing, and maintaining business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business for the organization.
- Providing recommendations on market potential and the value of existing and prospective customer’s value in sales meetings, business reviews, and forecast activities.
- Creating and managing a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share, and value opportunities.
- Planning and organizing personal sales strategies by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory/segment.
- Staying relevant on industry services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends.
- Managing and updating your business on a consistent basis to maintain all key performance indicators.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
What you should have:
- 2-3 years of experience in a sales based role.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills.
- A solid understanding of the sales process and best practices.
- A history of building strong, collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- A high standard of integrity and work ethic coupled with an entrepreneurial and achievement-oriented attitude.
- A consultative and human sales approach - every conversation is different, and there are no scripts at Start.
- A knack for asking great questions.
- An aptitude for problem solving and the ability to determine solutions for customers.
- The ability to work independently while remaining part of a sales team.
- Strong records of success meeting and exceeding personal and team sales goals.
- Excellent research, analytical, and follow through skills.
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience directly calling into Director or C-level positions.
- Technical knowledge of networks and internet trouble shooting.
- A valid G driver’s license with access to reliable transportation.
Who is Start.ca?
- We are a telecommunications company located in London, ON and we provide internet, television and phone solutions.
- We are devoted to delivering a world class customer experience with each and every customer interaction.
- At Start.ca, we live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward and Involved.
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture - it’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here.
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us through our career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development.
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences and this respect is shared throughout our culture.