Location: London, ON
Start.ca is looking to add a highly motivated Software Developer to our Development team. Software Developers at Start play an integral role in creating solutions relating to architecture, implementation, testing, maintenance and are responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code.
If you are an exceptionally talented Software Developer who takes pride in being part of a dynamic team that believes in building innovative, high quality products, Start.ca could be for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, coding, and testing major features in collaboration with team members, documentation specialists, and other members of the development and technical team to deliver changes.
- Defining site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Defining, designing, and implementing object-oriented distributed software applications.
- Maintaining and modifying existing applications.
- Performing custom programming.
- Providing design documents and documentation to ensure efficient maintenance and code reuse.
- Participating with the design and implementation of databases.
- Interacting with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
- Recommending system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Completing applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supporting users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
The successful candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience working with databases.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical software development role.
- An understanding of UI/UX design.
- Experience in XML (preferred).
- Ecommerce experience.
- The ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members.
- The ability to effectively communicate with non-technical members of the organization.
- A passion for learning new technologies.
- The ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
Who is Start.ca?
- We are a telecommunications company located in London, ON and we provide internet and phone solutions.
- We are devoted to delivering a world class customer experience with each and every customer interaction.
- At Start.ca, we live by our core values: Friendly, Smart, Honest, Reliable, Forward and Involved.
- We have a dynamic, reputable, and FUN company culture - it’s what brings our employees here and keeps them here.
- As we grow, we want our employees to grow with us through our career advancement opportunities and continuous professional development.
Diversity is important to us, and we believe our differences make us a better company. Our differences help us to be innovative, with new attitudes, new processes, and new solutions to difficult problems. We respect our differences and this respect is shared throughout our culture.