Terms of Service
In order to help protect our subscribers and ensure that we can continue to provide a fast and highly-available network we have created this policy to define the acceptable use of our services, the rights and responsibilities of our subscribers as well as the terms of our service.
- All the services we provide are "as is" and "as available" without any warranties or conditions of any kind. While we strive for perfection and typically maintain 99.99% or better network availability, we do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted or available at all times. We are also not liable for any harm, damages, expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on our services, regardless of cause.
- The internet is a public network and as a result we do not guarantee that any communication or use of our services is secure or protected from interception by unauthorized individuals. Also be aware that some content, products or services available on the internet may be offensive or may not comply with local laws. We do not attempt to censor, control or monitor any such content or activity and you must assume total responsibility and risk for using the internet.
- We are not responsible for the content or storage of your data. While we do have backup systems and can attempt to recover information for you, in no event will we be liable for the loss of any data. We also have the right to delete any of your data after your account has been terminated or as required by law.
- Your account is not transferable and is only to be used by the household or business who is registered to the account.
- Any account names or network addresses that are assigned to you are borrowed and remain our property at all times.
- You will abide by all applicable laws and agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all liabilities and expenses related to any violation of this agreement. In no case will we be held responsible for the actions or omissions of any subscriber or other individual that accesses our services.
- You may not attempt to do any of the following:
- access information for which you are not authorized;
- distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized;
- distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam);
- transmit data that is unlawful, harassing, abusive or defamatory;
- knowingly transmit a virus, trojan or other harmful software program;
- hack, attack or otherwise cause damage to any computer networks;
- use our services in any way that would negatively affect our goodwill;
- abuse or violate the privacy of others;
- abuse or fraudulently use the internet in any way.
- In order to maintain a highly-available network we reserve the right to disconnect non-dedicated dialup accounts that are either idle for more than 15 minutes or that are being used in a way that attempts to maintain a dedicated connection. Our "Unlimited Internet" dialup package is defined as access to the internet anytime and does not imply continuous, unattended or dedicated service.
- We take customer privacy seriously and do not track sites you visit nor the content of your email messages unless required by law. We do however monitor our network to help in the detection of failures or attacks, trouble-shoot problems and determine areas that may need improvement or future expansion. Should any of your personal information be inadvertently gathered during this routine monitoring it will be considered confidential and will not be provided to any third-party company.
- We reserve the right to delete any email that is left on our server for more than 6 months.
- Payment for services is due on the first day of the month. Residential accounts are required to be paid through automatic payments such as pre-authorized bank withdrawal or credit card. Any residential account that is 10 days past due will be suspended until payment has been received. Accounts more than a month past due will be terminated and subject to reasonable collection fees. Returned cheques and declined pre-authorized debit transactions are subject to a $25 processing fee. Credit card payments are accepted on invoices up to $1,000.
- Unless terminated, your account will be automatically renewed for the same length and type of service as the previous term. You may terminate your account at the end of its term by contacting us five business days prior to its renewal. We reserve the right to immediately suspend, restrict or terminate services if you breach any terms of this policy or if your account is past due.
- Upon account termination or subscriber requested changes requiring new rental equipment, the subscriber is responsible for returning any existing rental equipment in complete working order within 10 business days. If the equipment has been lost, damaged or is not returned on time the full replacement value of the equipment will be charged to your account.
- We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement or any service provided. Your continued use of our services following any notice is your acceptance of such modifications.
- This document contains the entire agreement, superseding any other agreements or understandings, between you (the subscriber) and us (Start Communications). Our failure to enforce any provision of this agreement is not a waiver of any right. Should a court decide that any provision in this agreement is unenforceable, that decision does not affect the remaining provisions of the agreement. This agreement shall be interpreted and governed under the laws of Ontario, Canada.
Your use of our services constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.